Following the recent release of the 2018 Quality Payment Program (QPP) Year 2 final rule, ASCRS•ASOA has updated our detailed guides to each of the categories of MIPS, group reporting, and alternative payment models (APMs). ASCRS•ASOA members can download these guides at the ASCRS MACRA Center webpage.
Similar to 2017, we have provided full information for ophthalmology practices to understand the program requirements and strategies for avoiding a penalty or working toward a bonus. In addition, we have highlighted several key changes for 2018 and how they may impact your practice, including:
- Flexibility for small practices, such as MIPS final score bonus points, the Advancing Care Information category hardship exemption, and scoring accommodations in the Quality and Improvement Activities categories
- Cost category weight increasing to 10%
- Increased low volume threshold
- Implementation of virtual groups
- The incorporation of improvement scoring in the Quality and Cost categories
Download the 2018 MACRA guides now for details on all these changes and more.
ASCRS•ASOA will also continue to update other MACRA materials for 2018. Be sure to bookmark the MACRA Center page and check back frequently for new resources.
If you need additional assistance, call the MACRA hotline at 703-383-5724, or email Allison Madson, manager of regulatory affairs, at email@example.com.