CMS updated its Quality Payment Program (QPP) Participation Status Tool based on the first snapshot of data from Alternative Payment Model (APM) entities. The tool includes 2019 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) and participation status in a MIPS APM.
To learn more about how CMS determines QP and APM participation status for each snapshot, please view the QP Methodology Fact Sheet.
What Does QP Status Mean?
If you qualify as a QP, this means you are:
How Do I Check My QP or APM Participation Status?
To view your QP or APM participation status at the individual level:
- Go to https://qpp.cms.gov/participation-lookup.
- Enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).
To check your 2019 eligibility at the APM entity level:
- Log into the CMS QPP website. Learn how by downloading the QPP Access User Guide.
- Browse to the Taxpayer Identification Number(s) affiliated with your entity.
- Access the details screen to view the eligibility status of every clinician based on his or her NPI.