In conjunction with the upcoming Alliance of Specialty Medicine Legislative Fly-In, the Alliance of Specialty Medicine will host a Twitter Town Hall for doctors, patients, and healthcare leaders to discuss issues affecting specialty care. The chat will be held on Monday, July 15, from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. EDT. Topics covered will include the following, for which attendees of the Fly-In will advocate on Capitol Hill earlier that day:
- Barriers to Specialty Care: Prior Authorization
- Maintaining Medicare Part B Fee-for-Service; Extending Positive Physician Payment Updates, A-APM Bonuses
- Barriers to Specialty Care: Step Therapy
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) Reform
- Specialty Resident Physician Shortage
- Surprise Billing
Topics will be covered in the order above for approximately 15 to 20 minutes each. We invite members to join in the conversation and weigh in on the issues. To participate in the Twitter Town Hall, simply follow @SpecialtyDocs on Twitter and use the hashtag #ASMChat.