If you think an error has been made in your 2020 MIPS payment adjustment factor(s) calculation, you have less than one month to submit a targeted review. The deadline to submit targeted reviews is September 30, 2019. The following are examples of circumstances in which you may wish to request a targeted review:
- Errors or data quality issues for the measures and activities you submitted
- Eligibility and special status issues (e.g., you fall below the low-volume threshold and should not have received a payment adjustment)
- Being erroneously excluded from the APM participation list and not being scored under the APM scoring standard
- Performance categories were not automatically reweighted even though you qualify for automatic reweighting due to extreme and uncontrollable circumstances
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of circumstances. CMS encourages you to submit a request form if you think a targeted review of your MIPS payment adjustment factor (or additional MIPS payment adjustment factor, if applicable) is warranted.
How to Request a Targeted Review
Request a targeted review by:
- Going to the QPP website.
- Logging in using your HCQIS Access Roles and Profile System (HARP) credentials, which are the same credentials that allowed you to submit your MIPS data. Please refer to the QPP Access Guide for additional details.
When evaluating a targeted review request, CMS may require documentation to support the request. If your targeted review request is approved, CMS may update your final score and/or associated payment adjustment (if applicable), as soon as technically feasible. Please note that targeted review decisions are final and not eligible for further review.
If you have questions about your performance feedback or MIPS final score, please contact the QPP Service Center at 866-288-8292/TTY: 877-715-6222 or email@example.com.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Allison Madson, manager of regulatory affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-591-2220.