2021 Resident Excellence Award Nominations
ASCRS was founded by young, enterprising ophthalmologists and the ASCRS Foundation's Resident Excellence Awards carry on and honor that tradition. The ASCRS Foundation makes ten awards each year to enable ophthalmology residents exhibiting exemplary performance in research, patient care, leadership, and education to attend the ASCRS Annual Meeting. Awardees receive a $1,000 travel grant, four nights’ accommodation and complimentary 2021 ASCRS Annual Meeting registration. The 2020 and 2021 awards are generously supported by Dr. Steven Safran.
The Resident Excellence Award nomination process opens on January 29, 2021. Submit your nomination via the form below.
- The nomination period is January 29-March 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET. Nominations must be submitted via the form below.
- U.S. and international ophthalmology residents, who are in at least second year of residency or those currently in fellowship.
- Nominees must exhibit exemplary performance in research, patient care, leadership, and education
- A program director or coordinator must submit their nomination via the form below
- Residents and fellows may apply with program director approval, which includes written recommendation
All questions can be directed to ASCRS Foundation Program Manager, Jaya Minhas at firstname.lastname@example.org