This week, CMS released a new factsheet on 2019 MIPS payment adjustments, which are based on 2017 MIPS performance. The new factsheet provides details on:
- Services subject to the 2019 MIPS payment adjustment,
- Changes made to remittance advice documents to reflect 2019 MIPS payment adjustments, and
- Impact that claim assignments have on 2019 MIPS payment adjustments.
In addition, the factsheet includes the notice CMS previously issued regarding MIPS payment adjustments incorrectly being applied to Part B drug reimbursements. CMS continues to state that it is working with the Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) to address the issue, but does not have an estimate as to when it will be corrected. Practices receiving these payment adjustments do not need to take action at this time.
The factsheet also includes links to several other resources related to MIPS payment adjustments:
- 2019 MIPS Payment Adjustment Remittance Advice FAQs
- 2019 MIPS Payment Adjustment Fact Sheet
- 2019 Payment Adjustment Infographic
- MAC Website List
- MLN Resource: Remittance Advice (RA) Overview
If you have additional questions, please contact Allison Madson, manager of regulatory affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-591-2220.