2021 ASCRS Annual Meeting Announcement
Registration is Open
Registration and Housing for the 2021 ASCRS and ASOA Annual Meetings is Open!
Register now to attend the 2021 ASCRS Annual Meeting, featuring:
- Essential education and the latest in clinical techniques
- Inspiring speakers, expert faculty, and distinguished lecturers
- An Exhibit Hall with the latest industry trends from more than 200 companies
- Unparalleled opportunities to connect with friends, colleagues, and mentors
- ASOA practice management education for all members of the practice
The “Skip-the-Line Deadline” is June 1. If you want to have your badge mailed to you ahead of the meeting, register by June 1 and select this mailing option
MACRA Regulatory Reform
ASCRS supports the goals of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) and continues to monitor CMS’ implementation to ensure its intent is fully realized and preserved. ASCRS strongly opposes certain provisions of the 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule pertaining to the Quality Payment Program (QPP), including potentially making its new participation pathway for 2021, the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Value Pathways (MVPs) mandatory, inclusion of FDA-approved pass-through drugs in the cataract surgery episode-based cost measure, and removing “topped-out” ophthalmology measures.Issue Brief
How it Impacts You
Ophthalmologists have some of the highest rates of participation in the MIPS programs across medicine. ASCRS is advocating to ensure that all ophthalmology practices can participate successfully in the program by reporting on clinically-relevant measures and activities.