2021 ASCRS Annual Meeting Announcement
Registration is Open
Registration and Housing for the 2021 ASCRS and ASOA Annual Meetings is Open!
Register now to attend the 2021 ASCRS Annual Meeting, featuring:
- Essential education and the latest in clinical techniques
- Inspiring speakers, expert faculty, and distinguished lecturers
- An Exhibit Hall with the latest industry trends from more than 200 companies
- Unparalleled opportunities to connect with friends, colleagues, and mentors
- ASOA practice management education for all members of the practice
The “Skip-the-Line Deadline” is June 1. If you want to have your badge mailed to you ahead of the meeting, register by June 1 and select this mailing option
Medicare Patient-Shared Responsibility
ASCRS supports a patient's right to obtain medical services from the physician of his or her choice by adopting additional Medicare payment options. Currently, physicians must opt out of Medicare for two years if they enter into a private contract with a Medicare patient. Therefore, ASCRS supports passage of the Medicare Patient Empowerment Act.Issue Brief
How it Impacts You
The Medicare Patient Empowerment Act would allow physicians and patients to contract freely on a case-by-case basis, without penalty, for Medicare services. Medicare beneficiaries would still be able to use their benefits, and physicians would not be forced to opt out of Medicare for two years. In addition, it would provide patients with more choices of physicians, increase the number of physicians who will continue to accept Medicare patients, and help preserve the Medicare program.