2021 ASCRS Annual Meeting Announcement
Registration is Open
Registration and Housing for the 2021 ASCRS and ASOA Annual Meetings is Open!
Register now to attend the 2021 ASCRS Annual Meeting, featuring:
- Essential education and the latest in clinical techniques
- Inspiring speakers, expert faculty, and distinguished lecturers
- An Exhibit Hall with the latest industry trends from more than 200 companies
- Unparalleled opportunities to connect with friends, colleagues, and mentors
- ASOA practice management education for all members of the practice
The “Skip-the-Line Deadline” is June 1. If you want to have your badge mailed to you ahead of the meeting, register by June 1 and select this mailing option
April 30, 2020
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Issues Second Round of Regulatory Waivers and Rule Changes Including Additional Flexibilities for Telehealth
Today, CMS released the Interim Final Rule with Comment titled “Additional Policy and Regulatory Revisions in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and Delay of Certain Reporting Requirements for the Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program,” along with announcing additional flexibilities, including the continuation of efforts to further expand Medicare beneficiaries’ access to telehealth services.
These changes include:
- Increasing payments for audio-only telephone visits to match payments for similar office and outpatient visits (currently from a range of about $14 - $41 to about $46 - $110) retroactive to March 1.
- Waiving the video requirement for certain telephone evaluation and management services and adding them to the list of Medicare telehealth services. As a result, Medicare beneficiaries will be able to use an audio-only telephone to get these services.
Additional materials are available at these links:
April 16, 2020
Intro to Tele-Ophthalmology
Expanded Medicare telehealth coverage enables beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. ASCRS and ASOA have prepared a guide to starting your practice on the tele-ophthalmology path. Learn more.
April 16, 2020
Webinar: Updated: Implementing Tele-Ophthalmology During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Recent government action has expanded telehealth coverage for Medicare beneficiaries nationwide, temporarily waiving penalties for HIPAA violations, and will reimburse physicians for telehealth services at the same rate for face-to-face services. CMS recently announced additional policies, including Medicare coverage for telephone services, and significant additions to the list of covered telehealth services, such as emergency visits. ASCRS and ASOA recognize that our members need resources on how to implement telemedicine visits for their practices and patients. Watch the webinar replay.