The ASCRS Foundation is excited to launch its first grant initiative for Operation Sight, its domestic charitable cataract surgery program. Applications for the Operation Sight Grant are now being accepted through January 25, 2021.
The Operation Sight Grant Program for verified 501(c)(3) organizations is intended to support charitable cataract programs in the United States serving the Operation Sight patient population. Eligible grantees share the ASCRS Foundation’s mission to expand access to care to qualified uninsured and underinsured Americans within the 200% federal poverty level. Grantees will leverage their established community presence to increase available cataract care in areas of high patient need. Grant funding will support the grantee’s year-long 2021 charitable effort.
To submit your application or to learn more please click here.
Eligibility Requirements Include:
- Must be a verified 501(c)(3) organization delivering charitable cataract care.
Funding & Reporting:
- Grant funding is intended to support the administrative, managerial and delivery costs associated with sourcing, qualifying, and providing surgical cataract care for eligible patients.
- Grantees may not receive any potential in-kind support via other Operation Sight programs.
- Grantee must provide bi-annual reporting detailing the program’s impact and patients served
- Patients must be vetted and approved per Operation Sight criteria
- Operation Sight patient referrals must be generally accepted without additional internal vetting processes.
- Operation Sight patient referrals must be scheduled and contacted within 1 month of having been matched with the grantee. *Volunteers may still decline cases based at their discretion.
- Patients must receive charitable cataract surgery and all associated care/appointments at no cost through the 90-day global cataract period.
Questions? Please reach out to Jaya Minhas, email@example.com