ASCRS is committed to the health and well-being of meeting attendees, exhibitors, staff, and faculty. The following measures are implemented in accordance with regulations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health department entities.
Procedures and Protocols
The below information is subject to change based on relevant regulations and recommendations.
Expectations for all meeting participants:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination matching an ID or passport will be required for all participants at the ASCRS Annual Meeting. This may be done using the Clear app or by bringing a COVID Vaccination card or COVID immunization record for ASCRS staff to verify at the Registration desk onsite in Exhibit Hall A.
- If you are claiming a vaccine exemption, please proceed to the Full Service desk at the ASCRS Registration in Exhibit Hall A and provide proof for medical or religious reasons as to not being vaccinated.
- Current regulations require face masks to be worn indoors and during transportation. All establishments in Washington, D.C., require face masks indoors.
- All meeting participants are expected to observe and engage in recognized preventive actions to help ensure a safe environment, such as frequent handwashing.
- Attendees should not attend the meeting if they have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days or if they are concerned that they have been exposed to the virus within the last 14 days and could possibly test positive.
- Should a meeting participant test positive for COVID-19, register a temperature, or become ill during the course of the meeting, he/she should observe recognized quarantining procedures.
At the meeting:
- Upon entering the convention center, thermal scanning will take place, organized by the convention center.
- Where possible, contactless systems and processes will be implemented to minimize "touch points."
- Onsite testing for COVID-19 via PCR or Rapid Antigen tests will be available in Room 103A at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and organized by Avellino Labs. More information regarding onsite testing will follow soon.