CME Activity Details
Activity AvailabilityThis CME activity is available free of charge to all ophthalmologists. Click the button below to access this activity in the CME 24/7 portal.
Begin Activity Now
ASCRS gratefully acknowledges the unrestricted educational grants received in support of this program from Johnson & Johnson Vision.
ASCRS gratefully acknowledges the unrestricted educational grants received in support of the 2020 ASCRS Virtual Annual Meeting from Alcon Vision, LLC, Bausch + Lomb, Carl Zeiss Meditec, EyePoint Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Omeros Corporation.
Cornea issues are common in cataract patients. These cornea conditions can have a significant effect on patient outcomes. This webinar will review screening, diagnosis and management strategies for patients having both corneal disease and cataracts. Conditions to be discussed include dry eye, irregular astigmatism, corneal degenerations and corneal dystrophies such as Fuchs.
Credits: By completing this activity you will earn 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Activity Expiration Date: October 31, 2021
Upon successful completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize pre-operative testing considerations for patients having irregular astigmatism and cataract
- Discuss OSD considerations and management in the cataract patient, to include:
- Preoperative screening and diagnosis of OSD
- Management of OSD
- Compare and contrast surgical options for patients having cataract surgery with concomitant Anterior Cornea disease
- EBMD, Salzmann’s Nodular Degeneration and Pterygium
- Fuchs Dystrophy