CME Activity Details
Enjoy this 7-page print monograph focused on the importance of and best practices for the prevention of pain and inflammation in cataract surgery.
ASCRS Member price: FREE
This activity is supported by unrestricted educational grants from EyePoint Pharmaceuticals, ImprimisRx, Ocular Therapeutix, and Omeros.
Credits: By completing this activity you will earn 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Activity Expiration Date: May 31, 2020
Upon successful completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Compare and contrast current and emerging regimens and pharmaceutical approaches for the prevention of pain and inflammation in cataract surgery, including alternative therapeutic options designed to overcome patient compliance concerns and reduce ocular toxicity:
- Advanced topical medications
- Intracameral medications
- Sustained-release technologies
- Determine adjustments needed to pre-, intra-, and postoperative steroid and NSAID regimens for patients at greater risk for inflammation
- Discuss cataract patients’ perceptions of intra- and postoperative pain and the impact that it has on surgical outcomes and patient satisfaction
- Describe evolving reimbursement models to expand access to new approaches to control pain and inflammation after cataract surgery