2022 Chang-Crandall Humanitarian Award Nomination Period Now Open!
Endowed by a generous gift from David & Victoria Chang, the ASCRS Foundation’s Chang-Crandall Humanitarian Award was established to honor and recognize outstanding humanitarian work in the area of cataract blindness. The award is given annually to an individual for their inspirational accomplishments in the U.S. or international charitable eye care, with a focus on cataract blindness. The recipient is recognized each year at the ASCRS Annual Meeting, and a $50,000 prize is awarded in their honor to a charitable ophthalmology organization of their choice. The ASCRS Foundation renamed its highest honor, the Chang-Crandall Humanitarian Award in recognition of Alan S. Crandall, MD's exemplary life and commitment to charitable service. To learn more about the award and watch videos from our past recipients, please click here.
- The nomination period is August 6, 2021-October 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET.
- Nominations must be submitted via the form below. Email nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations submitted in prior years will remain active and under consideration. Resubmission is not necessary. For information on updating past nominations, please email email@example.com. Updates must be received by October 15, 2021.
- The nominee must be an individual or organization that has made substantial contributions in charitable eye care, particularly in alleviating cataract blindness.
- Prior recipients are not eligible.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
- Nominations must be submitted via the form below.
- The Nominating Committee will review all eligible nominations and select three-five finalists for consideration by the ASCRS Foundation Governing Board who will select the winner.
- The recipient of this year's award will be announced in early 2022.