Upcoming COVID-19 Webinars
Resources for Ophthalmologists: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) and The American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA) continue to provide updates and information about COVID-19 and how it affects you! Register for both of this week's upcoming webinars.
Ways to Give
Make your donation by credit card using our secure online donation form by clicking below.
Donate By Mail
Checks made payable to the ASCRS Foundation can be mailed to:
4000 Legato Road Suite 700
Fairfax, VA 22033
Donate By Phone
To make your donation by phone, please call (703) 788-5781.
Your financial adviser can assist you in making a stock or securities gift. Please take the following two steps to complete your gift:
- Inform your broker that you would like to make a gift of stock to the ASCRS Foundation by providing your broker with the following information:
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Foundation
DTC Number: 0062
Account Number: 25722936
Please include donor name and cost basis
- Alert the Foundation about the stock and number of shares you plan to donate by transferring to the ASCRS Foundation by emailing Molly Gascoigne, firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can instruct our broker to accept delivery of your gift and acknowledge it properly for income tax purposes.
A giving program that manages charitable contributions on behalf of donors, a donor-advised fund (DAF) offers flexibility in directing donations to your favorite charities. Donors participate by transferring cash or other assets to their DAFs, which are administered by a third party such as a community foundation or financial services company, and by recommending how that money is granted.
If you've created a DAF, you are able to make a grant recommendation to the ASCRS Foundation to help our mission. Follow these 2 steps.
- Notify the ASCRS Foundation of your grant recommendation by emailing Molly Gascoigne at email@example.com.
- Make your grant recommendation to your Donor-Advised Fund. Here is the information needed:
4000 Legato Road, Suite 700 Fairfax, VA 22033
The ASCRS Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. Our EIN is 23-7388748
Gifts via accounts with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or BNY Mellon: access the DAF Direct link to make a gift from your account by clicking here. Fill in the institution, designation and gift amount and follow the prompts.
To make a gift from your IRA, contact your IRA administrator and instruct them to make the distribution directly to:
4000 Legato Rd. Suite 700 Fairfax, VA 22033
Our EIN is 23-7388748
Please include your name and address when funds are transferred so we can provide you with an acknowledgement for your records.
Make your qualified charitable distribution before December 31.
At 70.5 years and older, you must withdraw a set amount from your individual retirement account (IRA) each year. This amount can significantly increase your income and taxes. You can use this distribution by making a tax-free gift directly from your IRA to the ASCRS Foundation.
We are committed to building meaningful partnerships that bring your commitment in improving the world's vision to life. For more information on how to become a corporate partner, contact Molly Gascoigne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 788-5781. We are very thankful for our current partners and supporters.
Click here to view the companies and partners who are supporting the ASCRS Foundation.
The ASCRS Foundation funds critical programs today, but we need to insure funding continues well into the future. Including the ASCRS Foundation in your estate planning is an easy way to make a substantial lasting commitment, ensuring your legacy lives on. Your lawyer or financial advisor can assist you. Since we cannot predict the future advances or the future of our programs, we recommend your bequest be designated for unrestricted purposes.
- Suggested language might include "I give, devise and bequeath (the sum of ___ dollars), or (all or ___ percent) of the rest, remainder and residue of my estate of every kind and description (including lapsed legacies and devises) to the ASCRS Foundation currently located at 4000 Legato Rd. Suite 700 Fairfax, VA 22033 EIN 23-7388748."
Contact Molly Gascoigne, email@example.com or call (703) 788-5781 to notify us of your plans or for further information. Thank you for your support.
Many employers will match charitable donations made by their employees, doubling or even tripling your impact! Your HR department can guide you through your employer's matching gift program. Matching gifts can be sent to:
4000 Legato Rd Suite 700 Fairfax, VA 22033
Our EIN is 23-7388748