CME Activity Details
Activity AvailabilityThis CME activity is available free of charge to all ophthalmologists. Click the button below to access this activity in the CME 24/7 portal.
Begin Activity Now
This activity is supported by unrestricted educational grants from Allergan, Glaukos Corporation, Mati Therapeutics, Inc, and Santen Pharmaceutical.
It is imperative to review all glaucoma treatment options in order to deliver better surgical outcomes and slow progression.
In this 1 hour CME activity based off of a live webinar held on August 19, 2020, faculty will review glaucoma treatment strategies at different stages of disease, including integration of different treatment modalities, planning for possible future interventions and treatment of side effects and complication. View the detailed activity agenda listed below for presentation titles and speaker names.
Credits: By completing this activity you will earn 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Activity Expiration Date: August 31, 2021
Upon successful completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Examine limitations of current eyedrop therapy and elucidate how laser, MIGS and sustained delivery address the unmet need created by problems with eyedrop therapy.
- Explain recent data on selective laser trabeculoplasty that support a role for laser early in the treatment paradigm.
- Describe the current available MIGS surgical options, including those that address the trabecular meshwork, the canal of Schlemm, and the subconjunctival outflow pathway.
- Recognize tips and surgical pearls for delivering excellent outcomes using MIGS with cataract surgery for glaucoma patients.
- Discuss glaucoma treatment strategies at different stages of disease, including integration of different treatment modalities, planning for possible future interventions and treatment side effect and complication considerations.