If you submitted 2018 Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) data, you can now view your performance feedback, MIPS final score, and 2020 payment adjustment on the Quality Payment Program (QPP) website. You can access your 2018 MIPS performance feedback and final score by:
- Going to cms.gov/login
- Logging in using your HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) system credentials, which are the same credentials that allowed you to submit your 2018 MIPS data
If you don’t have a HARP account, refer to the QPP Access User Guide and start the process now.
To learn more about performance feedback, you can view these frequently asked questions (FAQs). These FAQs highlight what performance feedback is, who receives the feedback, and how to access it on the QPP website.
MIPS-Eligible Clinicians Participating in MIPS Alternative Payment Model (APM) Entities
If you participated in one of the models below in 2018, your MIPS performance feedback is now available via the QPP website:
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization (ACO)
- Next Generation ACO
- Comprehensive Primary Care Plus
- Oncology Care Model
- Comprehensive ESRD Care
Under the MIPS APM Scoring Standard, the performance feedback will be based on the APM Entity score and is applicable to all MIPS-eligible clinicians within the APM Entity. This feedback and score do not have any impact on assessments performed by the specific model.
Individual clinicians and representatives of the APM Entity will be able to access performance feedback directly on the QPP website using their HARP account.
MIPS Targeted Review
If you believe an error has been made in your 2020 MIPS payment adjustment factor(s) calculation, you can request a targeted review until September 30, 2019. The following are examples of circumstances in which you may wish to request a targeted review:
- Errors or data quality issues for the measures and activities you submitted
- Eligibility and special status issues (e.g., you fall below the low-volume threshold and should not have received a payment adjustment)
- Being erroneously excluded from the APM participation list and not being scored under the APM scoring standard
- Performance categories were not automatically reweighted even though you qualify for automatic reweighting due to extreme and uncontrollable circumstances
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of circumstances. CMS encourages you to submit a request form if you believe a targeted review of your MIPS payment adjustment factor (or additional MIPS payment adjustment factor, if applicable) is warranted.
How to Request a Targeted Review
Request a targeted review by:
- Going to the QPP website
- Logging in using your HCQIS Access Roles and Profile System (HARP) credentials, which are the same credentials that allowed you to submit your MIPS data. Please refer to the QPP Access Guide for additional details.
When evaluating a targeted review request, CMS may require documentation to support the request. If your targeted review request is approved, CMS may update your final score and/or associated payment adjustment (if applicable), as soon as technically feasible. Please note that targeted review decisions are final and not eligible for further review.
If you have questions about your performance feedback or MIPS final score, please contact the QPP Service Center at 1-866-288-8292/TTY: 1-877-715-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Allison Madson, manager of regulatory affairs, at email@example.com or 703-591-2220.