Following the release of the 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule in early November, which includes the Quality Payment Program (QPP), ASCRS has updated its in-depth guides on the QPP. The QPP, created by MACRA, includes the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs). This exclusive, members-only benefit provides detailed explanations of the program tailored to ophthalmic practices.
Members must log on to the ASCRS website to access the following guides:
Individual guides included in the complete booklet:
- QPP Final Rule Overview
- 2020 Key MIPS Changes
- Guides on each of the four categories of MIPS:
- 2020 Cataract Episode-Based Cost Measure
- Group vs. Individual Reporting and Virtual Groups
- Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs) and MIPS APMs
- MIPS APM Guide for Medicare Shared Savings Basic Track ACO Participants
Additional information on the QPP, including the current 2019 MIPS guides, is available on the ASCRS ASOA MACRA Center web page. If you need additional assistance, please contact Allison Madson, manager of regulatory affairs, at email@example.com or 703-591-2220.